7th/8th Grade Meet the Teacher/Schedule Pick Up - Tuesday, August 3rd
7th Grade - 5:30 PM
8th Grade - 6:30 PM
This will be a time for teacher introductions in the cafeteria and a short presentation to parents. Students will be able to walk their schedules. There will be a station for students new to KMS to get their Chromebook or returning students to submit their Chromebook for repair.
6th Grade Paw Preview - Wednesday, August 4th
5:30 - 7:00 PM
Students will receive their schedules and then meet as a group with parents in the competition gym. Then students will rotate as a grade level through their schedule while parents receive a presentation from campus administrators and pick up their student's new Chromebook.
Every 6th grade student or student new to KMS is encouraged to purchase an optional protection plan for his/her assigned Chromebook. The cost of the protection plan is $40.00 (Cash or Check Only).
Under this plan:
- The District will provide coverage for one Chromebook repair per school year.
- Subsequent damages will be the responsibility of the student.
- The replacement plan does NOT provide coverage for the loss of a Chromebook and/or its accessories, cosmetic damage, or damages caused by intentional misuse and abuse.
- Replacement is at the discretion of the principal. Students will be responsible for the full cost of replacement ($338.00) if it is determined that damage has been caused by intentional abuse and/or misuse.
- The District reserves the right to request parents/guardians to pay an optional protection fee annually. Claim history on loss, theft and damage, will ultimately determine whether additional fees are necessary beyond the original $40 fee.
- I understand that should damage occur to the Chromebook assigned to my child due to intentional damage, I will be solely responsible for reimbursing the school for repair or replacement costs.
Complete details and documents on the district’s Chromebook Program are available by clicking here.
KMS will not issue student lockers for the 2021-2022 school year. School supply lists have been adjusted to accommodate for this change. Please keep this information in mind when deciding to purchase school items not on the grade level supply lists. Students may bring school supply items listed as “Supply Closet” such as Kleenex or disinfectant wipes to Meet the Teacher/Schedule Pick Up nights or Paw Preview.
You may access the school supply lists by clicking here.