2019-2020 Summer Reading Challenge ALL STUDENTS
Join KMS for a Summer Reading Challenge!!
Read on for the nitty-gritty…
All students entering 6th, 7th, and 8th grades at KMS!! (This includes PreAP students--although you still need to complete your mandatory summer assignment)
It’s summer! School’s out! So, why should we read...books?!
Because reading is crazy fun! Plus, you know, it’s good for your brain.
But what should I read?
We have super cool grade level reading lists on the KMS website. Choose two that you’ve never read before. Easy peasy.
What do I do after I read the two books?
Complete the short, but super fun, book reviews included here (and also on the KMS website). Bring them on the first day of school and turn them in during your English/Reading class. It’s that simple!
Here’s the fine print:
- You have to choose two books from the grade level lists on the KMS website. Choose books that are at your reading level, not necessarily the grade level you’re in!!
- Each needs to have a minimum of 150 pages.
- The books must be new-to-you--NOT something they’ve previously read.
- After reading the books, complete the short review attached, one for each of the two books.
- Bring the finished reviews to your English/Reading teacher on the first day of school.
You can buy or check the books out from the local library. If you need assistance getting the books, please let us know. If we can, we will help you get copies of what you need! There are summer reading lists on the KMS website, also!!
So take the KMS Summer Reading Challenge!
We will be celebrating reading for those who complete the challenge with a special party during the first week of school!!
Let us know if you have any Questions!
6th Grade Teachers
7th Grade Teachers
8th Grade Teachers